Role of the Regional Operations Manager
Your New Uses regional operations manager (ROM) serves as your small business consultant and is responsible for ensuring your success in all areas of your resale operation including financial performance, merchandising and customer service. To accomplish this your ROM is in contact with you during numerous phases of your business including:
Takes place 2 weeks after opening your store to begin buying inventory
- Duration: 1-2 days
- Focus: Helps to ensure proper buying of product, making sure fixtures are installed properly and that the POS system is functioning correctly.
STORE OPENING VISIT
Takes place the day before and the day of opening your store to begin selling merchandise
- Duration: 2 days
- Focus: Final tweaks to merchandising and staff training. Your ROM will be there as a resource for answering questions at the store opening.
Takes place approximately 90 days after opening your store
- Focus: Operations, full analysis of customer service, POS training and ensuring that bad habits aren’t arising. We also assist with small business practices such as hiring, bookkeeping, business planning/forecasting, attaining a clear picture of cash flow and any other operational needs.
Take place every 9-12 months
- Focus: Your ROM is there as a small business analyst and counselor.
MONTHLY OPERATIONS CALLS
Take place monthly
- Focus: Inventory planning, advertising and marketing, POS reporting, budgeting and other items related to your business.
Take place annually
- Focus: Networking and training opportunities for all of our franchise owners, managers and staff in one location.
Watch this quick video to learn more from our VP of Franchising about how Regional Operations Managers work with franchisees to build their businesses: